Saturday, July 23, 2011

End of 7/22

Had a great day riding today. Started out raining and cold, but the sun came out and the temp went up. By the end of the day the weather was perfect for riding. Hwy 37 takes you out into nowhere land. I've never seen wilderness like this before. To think trappers came out over a hundred years ago with no maps and no idea what they would find it's amazing to me.
I saw 4 bears and two moose today. I only got one picture of a bear, but you have to look hard. I stopped some distance back to take the photo, but than had to ride within 10 feet of him to get past.
I'm camped in an Indian reservation and hope to leave with my scalp. I hote to make it to the Yukon tomorrow, but distance is hard to gage up here.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell from your picture Matt, but can you confirm that the bear actually s**t in the woods?
Chuck

Anonymous said...

I love following your trail and keeping up with you! I used to live in Washington state and have traveled some in B.C. and southeastern AK, so the scenes in your photos are very familiar. Hang in there, and know that you are inspiring your readers who are rooting for you all the way!

-- Marie in Tampa